Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DISC

When we had a self test on what kind of personal profile we possessed last week I was instantly skeptical about what my result was going to be. I did however possess and idea of which one I was. At the end of it all, I was correct and i ended being the influencial personality of the four. I believe this is the correct interpretation of me because I tend to listen to all sides but I also have my own input. I never try to negate what other's have to say but I also don't try to dive in too deep into a problem or situation just to waste a huge amount of time in order to try something out. I tend to try to persuade others in my favor most of the time because I, like most if not all "I's", believe that we produce the best idea. Even if we don't, we tend to try to incorporate our idea into what the final decision ends up being anyway. If i had another choice i probably wouldn't change my profile because that's who I am but if I had to, I would become an "S" and I believe it is very possible to switch profiles. I chose "S" because they are the most similar and like Professor Kurpis mentioned, we have the best leader capabilities. I think this is a good test because before this, we noticed a lot of personalities within our groups and this test confirms what we have experienced with our groupmates and gives us a greater insight as to how we should expect them to interact in the future. This test would be helpful on many occasions and I think it would be a good test to give interviewees for jobs as opposed to employers judging by appearance. This provides them with quick information about the applicant right off the bat.

5 comments:

  1. As far as I see most students agreed with the test so this has to be a fair test reflecting true personalities. As to be used in interviews I disagree with this because people may tend to sway some answers in trying to portray a perfect picture or they may manipulate the test in hopes of landing the job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This test proves may by what we think we want to be. But, do we really possess these values? The test is too obvious in its content and the outcome could sway form the reality. But, if we have vision what characteristics we value the most, it is also helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agreed with the test just like you. However i don't think that we can change who we are like you said. I belive that as we grow we stay with our own self and that can not be change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fisrt of all, I don't think that the professor said the "S"type is the best leader capabilities. Didn't he say that the "I"type is the most effective leader type? Maybe my memory was wrong.
    As you guys mentioned above, I agree that we could, up to some point, manipulate the test rusult. But if we honestly answered all the questions, we could get the right result. I mean, why on earth you want to manipulate the result? you are who you are and you should chersh that while improving what you have.
    Over all, it was interesting test and I enjoyed the process and the result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree. the test really was helpful in helping us find out more about our own personality believe it or not. I believe he said that the I and S possessed the most leader capabilities and the D's and the C's possessed more of a manager capability

    ReplyDelete