Monday, November 8, 2010

A dream, a vision, a reality

I have many personal and business goals for my future self. The first goal is to hopefully soon, graduate from Baruch College with a degree I can use in the real world and obtain a full time position where I can pursue even further goals. Basically, this can be seen as a two pronged goal where one goal influences the other. I hope with this goal in mind I can motivate myself to do more to be as successful as I can be.
My second goal in life like many is to get married and have children. I have always loved kids and having kids of my own would be a step above that. Before that, I hope to find the right person to share the rest of my life with. A companion that shows unconditional love through good and bad times.
To further elaborate on my first goal, my third goal in life is to be successful and make money and one day invest and save money to eventually be categorized in America's top 100 richest people. With the money, I would be able to support my blood and my own family and ensure the best life for everyone especially my kids.

The steps to obtaining these goals will never be easy however. In order to graduate from Baruch, I must excel in all my classes which includes this management class. I must not slack because in the real world, there is no place for slackers and people with no motivation. Basically, I will take all necessary steps to make sure my vision becomes a reality. In order to be successful in the real world once I obtain that dream position however is another step towards the working life. In order to catch the attention of companies and top level executives, one must show leadership skills. This means taking initiative at every opportunity, be creative, and just showing interest and enjoy what you do. The last aspect of my goal in life is a companion. This aspect should be rather easy. Life is about what you make it. In order to attract the right person, you must do what you love. So for me, I will do what I have been doing all my life and not change a thing. The right person will come along. Simple and easy. Life doesn't need to be complicated as long as you don't make it complicated.

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully I will see you on the top 100 list. My goals were very similiar to yours and the steps that are needed to take for us was similar too; I just feel like now that we know what needs to be done, we just need to EXECUTE, EXECUTE, EXECUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be in the 100 richest person in america you might have to work most of the time giving your full attention, dedication and commitment.With that you might in the Top Ten List as well. Good luck for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think professional success usually comes together with your personal success. Succeeding in your career field for your family or a loved one would make you happier by a hundred times than doing it only for yourself. The ability to share your successes with people you love makes you want to achieve more for others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome goal! Honestly, I don't have the guts to be this ambitious but I feel like with the kind of dedication and vision you seem to have, you can make it happen. If not the top 100, be the top 1000! Thats pretty damn awesome too, I'd say. BUt I'd have to agree with Saurav, to reach such a height..one has to make their career their top or certainly one of their top priorities in life. So make sure you keep that balance between family and work =)

    ReplyDelete